Monday 8 July 2013

Polypan F

Ricoh 500 ME / Polypan F 50 / Brescia, Italy

A discarded Apple 20SC 20MB hard drive on the streets of  Milan, June 2013, with a pair of Macintosh 800K external drives. I can't identify the keyboard.







Milan














Famously, Italy doesn't have Starbucks. Milan does however have a clone, Arnold Coffee(tm).





Polypan F seems to be home-made, or at least hand-rolled. The batch I bought from eBay had been taped on to used spools:


If there's one thing I learned from Twin Peaks, it's that a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. I also learned that from Mary Poppins. Imagine a Twin Peaks / Mary Poppins crossover. You can see it, can't you? Polypan is apparently some kind of cine film. ISO 50 is of course very slow but, with a rangefinder camera, 1/15th is by no means impossible. The shots above were all stand developed with R09 and are very grainy but, dammit, I like grain. "Life has surface noise".